Can I get copies of documents from a juvenile case file?

You can review the legal portion of a juvenile case file, and get copies of documents at the cost of $1 per page.  Certain portions of a juvenile file are confidential and cannot be reviewed or copied by the public, including the Dispositional Report and the Social File (which includes all DHHS reports and medical reports).  You must submit a written request to review a file or get copies of documents.  The request form can be found here.


Show All Answers

1. My child is out of control – what do I do?
2. What are the telephone rules/visitation rules, etc. at the Berrien County Juvenile Center?
3. How do I expunge a juvenile record?
4. What happens if I miss my court date?
5. How do I get a court appointed attorney on my case?
6. How does the Juvenile Delinquency process work?
7. As a parent/guardian of a youth involved in a juvenile delinquency case, what might my financial responsibility be?
8. My paperwork says I need to be fingerprinted – how do I get that done?
9. How do I find out what is on my juvenile delinquency record?
10. Can I get copies of documents from a juvenile case file?
11. What juvenile files are open to the public?
12. How can I volunteer to work with children/youth that are court involved?