What happens if I miss my court date?

If you miss a juvenile delinquency case hearing, you should immediately contact your Probation Officer.  His/her contact information is available at Berrien County Probation website.

If you miss a hearing in a child protective (neglect/abuse) case, you should immediately contact your attorney, the DHHS caseworker or the Court directly.  In order to contact the Court, you can call the Family Division at 269-983-7111 ext. 8316.

Show All Answers

1. My child is out of control – what do I do?
2. What are the telephone rules/visitation rules, etc. at the Berrien County Juvenile Center?
3. How do I expunge a juvenile record?
4. What happens if I miss my court date?
5. How do I get a court appointed attorney on my case?
6. How does the Juvenile Delinquency process work?
7. As a parent/guardian of a youth involved in a juvenile delinquency case, what might my financial responsibility be?
8. My paperwork says I need to be fingerprinted – how do I get that done?
9. How do I find out what is on my juvenile delinquency record?
10. Can I get copies of documents from a juvenile case file?
11. What juvenile files are open to the public?
12. How can I volunteer to work with children/youth that are court involved?