My child is out of control – what do I do?

You can contact the Children's Mobile Intensive Crisis Team which will help you access resources in the community to assist your child/family in dealing with mental health and behavioral issues. View the Riverwood Center Children's Mobile Intensive Crisis Team pamphlet (PDF). Contact the Juvenile Division Intake Manager at 269-983-7111 Ext. 8354.

You can, also, contact the Berrien County Prosecutor’s Office at 269-983-8311, and they can assist you in the filing of an Incorrigibility petition. 

Show All Answers

1. My child is out of control – what do I do?
2. What are the telephone rules/visitation rules, etc. at the Berrien County Juvenile Center?
3. How do I expunge a juvenile record?
4. What happens if I miss my court date?
5. How do I get a court appointed attorney on my case?
6. How does the Juvenile Delinquency process work?
7. As a parent/guardian of a youth involved in a juvenile delinquency case, what might my financial responsibility be?
8. My paperwork says I need to be fingerprinted – how do I get that done?
9. How do I find out what is on my juvenile delinquency record?
10. Can I get copies of documents from a juvenile case file?
11. What juvenile files are open to the public?
12. How can I volunteer to work with children/youth that are court involved?