How do I transfer a vehicle title (repeat offender law)?

Before you file your ex-parte petition with the court petitioner / transferee will need:

  1. Detailed sufficient reasons for the transfer including place of employment if transferee is employed.
  2. Are there any other cars in the family?
  3. Copy of title showing any liens and indicate the name on the title.
  4. If there is a lien on the title you must have written approval from lien holder allowing the transfer.
  5. Copy of both petitioners / transferees driving records. (From the Secretary of State Office).
  6. There is a $175 filing fee.

Show All Answers

1. What are the various Circuit Court fees?
2. How do I get a restricted driver's license?
3. How do I transfer a vehicle title (repeat offender law)?
4. How to get a civil or criminal record check and how much is it?
5. How do I get a contractor's lien?
6. Are there forms that I could use for Circuit Court lawsuits, family and civil cases?
7. If filing in proper person, how do I get started opening a new case?
8. How do I file an appeal regarding a MESC (unemployment) decision?
9. What years are stored at the courthouse?
10. Do I need an Attorney?
11. Where can I get a copy of my Judgment of Divorce and what is the cost?
12. What constitutes a Circuit Court case?
13. How much does it cost to get a Personal Protection Order?
14. When will I know if my Personal Protection Order has been approved?
15. If my Personal Protection Order is approved, how will I have it served?
16. What happens if the Personal Protection Order is violated?