What do I need to send in?
  • A fully completed application.
  • Itemized copies of all bills you want to claim. If you will need more medical treatment, see if your doctor can give a written estimate of future expenses.
  • If you have insurance or Medicare, send copies of your insurance benefit statements for all expenses.
  • For lost earnings, send copies of recent payroll check stubs and a disability statement from your doctor.
  • For burial assistance, send a copy of the signed itemized funeral bill.
  • For counseling, ask your therapist for the assessment, a treatment plan, and an itemized billing or estimate. Your therapist can send in the claim for you, if they wish.
  • For loss of support, send check stubs or the last tax return of the person who died, the social security survivor's benefit and life insurance statements.
  • If you're not sure what to send, just send in your completed application and we'll let you know what is needed.

Show All Answers

1. Can you be helped?
2. What kind of financial help may be available?
3. What are the limits on payments?
4. What's not covered?
5. What's not covered?
6. Are there other benefits?
7. How can I get an application?
8. When should I file your claim?
9. What do I need to send in?
10. How does the claim process work?
11. What if my claim is turned down?
12. Am I entitled to confidentiality?
13. Who pays for this compensation?
14. What happens if I give false information?