What kind of financial help may be available?

Injury-related expenses that a person must legally pay and other eligible losses that can be provided with supporting papers and other evidence.

For the injured person:

  • Hospital bills and medical expenses
  • Loss of earnings, rehab, and remedial services
  • Counseling for the injured person and family members
  • Replacement services needed because of the person's injury

For a survivor:

  • Funeral and burial expenses
  • Loss of support for legal dependents of the person who died
  • Grief counseling for the family
  • Hospital and medical bills for the person who died if the survivors must legally pay them

A person must have at least $200 in out-of-pocket expenses or two continuous weeks' loss of earnings or support. These limits are excused for retired or disabled persons and for emergency room medical exams of rape victims

Show All Answers

1. Can you be helped?
2. What kind of financial help may be available?
3. What are the limits on payments?
4. What's not covered?
5. What's not covered?
6. Are there other benefits?
7. How can I get an application?
8. When should I file your claim?
9. What do I need to send in?
10. How does the claim process work?
11. What if my claim is turned down?
12. Am I entitled to confidentiality?
13. Who pays for this compensation?
14. What happens if I give false information?