LAKESIDE ROAD TEMPORARY CLOSURE RESUMES
TOWNSHIP: New Buffalo Township/Three Oaks Township
LOCATION: Lakeside Road, between Kruger Road and US-12
CLOSEST CITIES: New Buffalo, Three Oaks
RESUMED CLOSURE: Wednesday, 1/31/2024
ESTIMATED REOPEN: Saturday, 2/3/2024*
*Schedule is contractor and work permitting
TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS: Lakeside Road will resume being closed to thru traffic between Kruger Road and US-12 this week to facilitate crews working near the railroad crossing.
- Total road closure will occur between US-12 and the railroad tracks along Lakeside Road.
- Amtrak staff are working to address remaining train related tasks.
- To ensure safety to crews and the public, the road will remain closed off until work is completed.
- Do not drive around road closure barricades.
- Please find alternative routes or utilize the recommended detour route.
RECOMMENDED DETOUR ROUTE: Recommended detour route (when Lakeside Road is closed) is Kruger Road to Basswood Road to US-12/Pulaski Highway.
One page PDF with location map