GRIND AND GRAVEL PROJECTS BEGIN 4/17/2023
TOWNSHIP(S): Three Oaks, Galien, Buchanan, Weesaw, Hagar
LOCATION(S) AND PROJECT ORDER:
- Lakeside Road (Three Oaks Township) between Forest Lawn Road to the state line
- Hudson Lake Road (Galien Township) between Olive Branch Road to the state line
- Olive Branch Road (Galien Township) between Nye Road to Beaver Dam Road
- Buffalo Road (Galien Township) between Hamilton Road to Beaver Dam Road
- Second Street Road (Galien Township) between Pardee Road to the village limits
- Warren Woods Road (Weesaw Township) between Cleveland Avenue to Gardner Road
- Wagner Road (Buchanan Township) between Coveney Road to W. Clear Lake Road
- Madron Lake Road (Buchanan Township) between Wagner Road to Miller Road
- Kerlikowske Road (Hagar Township) between Coloma Road and the township line
START DATE: Monday, 4/17/2023*
ESTIMATED END DATE: Contractor and weather dependent
PROJECT: A contractor is scheduled to begin County grind and gravel projects on Monday, April 17, 2023. Additional projects and order will be updated on our website weekly. Road improvement construction will result in temporary road closures with a possible moving work zone. Motorists should anticipate possible temporary delays as work progresses.
SAFETY BENEFITS: Grind and gravel projects will provide needed structure to road base which will be prime and double sealed later in the construction season. Improvement projects will correct some structural issues, provide greater stability and a smoother road surface.
TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS: Temporary road closures or traffic delays will occur when contractor and equipment is present. Traffic will be permitted through by the contractor when safe to do so. Please reduce speeds and be alert when traveling through work zones. Individuals might wish to seek alternative routes or be prepared for possible delays until work is completed.
QUESTIONS: For any questions regarding this process please contact the Road Department. Schedule and work is dependent on both contractor and weather. The website will be updated regarding anticipated road project order, which will be evaluated weekly for conditions.
One Page PDF