CSX RAILROAD CROSSING CLOSURE DATE UPDATES
Due to contractor schedule, revised start dates have been issued for Three Oaks Road and Sawyer Road.
TOWNSHIP: Chikaming Township
- Lakeside Road CSX Railroad Crossing
- Three Oaks Road CSX Railroad Crossing (Revised Start Date)
- Sawyer Road CSX Railroad Crossing (Revised Start Date)
CLOSEST CITIES: Three Oaks, Sawyer, New Buffalo
START DATE: Tuesday, May 31, 2022 for Lakeside Road Railroad Closure
ESTIMATED END DATE: Early July 2022
PROJECT: CSX will be closing railroad crossing(s) to allow for maintenance work to take place on the railroad crossing and railroad tracks.
SAFETY BENEFITS: The repairs contracted by CSX will improve safety and ride quality for motorists using the railroad crossing locations.
TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS: Indicated road location(s) will be completely closed to thru traffic at the railroad crossing. Traffic will not be permitted through once the closure begins. Railroad crossings and road closures will take place one at a time. Please seek alternative routes or use the established detour route until work is completed. Further details regarding timing are as follows:
#1 Lakeside Road crossing closure starts Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
- Duration of Lakeside Road closure is anticipated to last 5-6 days. Weather and work permitting.
- Detour Route: Red Arrow Highway to Warren Woods Road to Lakeside Road.
#2 Three Oaks Road closure is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 20, 2022.
- Closure to begin after Lakeside Road has been completed and reopened.
- Duration of Three Oaks Road closure is anticipated to last 6-7 days. Duration of closure is weather and work permitting.
- Detour Route: Old M-11 to Red Arrow Highway to Harbert Road to Three Oaks Road.
#3 Sawyer Road crossing closure is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 27, 2022.
- Closure to begin after Three Oaks Road has been completed and reopened.
- Duration of Sawyer Road closure is anticipated to last 6-7 days. Duration of closure is weather and work permitting.
- Detour Route: Flynn Road to Harbert Road to Three Oaks Road to Sawyer Road.
Two Page PDF with Location Map(s)