WASHINGTON AVENUE ROAD WORK CONTINUES
TOWNSHIP: St Joseph Township
LOCATION: Washington Avenue, from Hilltop Road to Maiden Lane
CLOSEST CITIES: St Joseph, Benton Harbor, Stevensville
START DATE: Thursday, August 26, 2021
RESUMED WORK AND LANE CLOSURES: Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Work and intermittent lane closures expected from approximately 7am until approximately 7pm during construction.*
END DATE: Friday, October 1, 2021
PROJECT: Washington Avenue from Hilltop Road to Maiden Lane will be receiving a 2” HMA Overlay.
TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS: Washington Avenue will have intermittent lane closures between Hilltop Road and Maiden Lane during construction. Temporary structure adjustments have been completed in preparation of milling and paving operations. Milling operations and associated moving lane closure(s) are expected to resume the morning of Tuesday, 9/6/2021. The milling operation is anticipated to take 3-4 days. Project is expected to be fully completed by 10/1/2021.
- Recommended to seek alternative routes or expect travel delays.
- Anticipate lane closures and traffic controlled by flaggers.
- Stopping should be expected with lane closures and traffic controlled by flaggers.
- Remember to reduce speeds when traveling through work zones.
- Watch out for construction workers and equipment.
One page PDF