Sealcoating operations have began in portions of Berrien County this week. Sealcoating operations will work to be completed as efficiently as possible. To view a map of prime and double sealcoat projects along with sealcoating projects locations please view our 2021 anticipated construction map. Please view that map on our website here.
Prime and sealcoating with #9 aggregate will take place on those roads that were previously ground and graveled in the Fall of 2020 and those graveled earlier this 2021 construction season. Crews will additionally be working through other anticipated sealcoating projects along the way. G,G,P & DS projects will continue when those surfaces have been determined as being ready for the next step. Some of these projects are still working through the gravel addition stage. We appreciate the continued patience for those residents and the public who travel these roads.
Prime and sealcoat project roads will be reshaped and a primed with an asphalt liquid the afternoon prior to being sealcoated. After being primed, the following day the road will be sealcoated (weather and operation permitting).
The below locations are anticipated to take place 6/2/2021 and 6/3/2021. **These operations and dates are weather and operation dependent.** If weather delays these projects, they will be continued the next weather permitting day.
- Townline Road (Benton Township) from Hillandale to Merry Road (sealcoating 6/2/2021)
- Fairland Road (Berrien/Niles Township) shaped and primed on 6/2/2021, (#9 sealcoating 6/3/2021)
- Smith Road (Berrien Township) from Pokagon Road to Huckleberry Road (sealcoating 6/2/2021)
- Evans Road (Pipestone Township) from the township line to Pipestone Road (sealcoating 6/2/2021)
- Snow Road (Baroda Township) from Cleveland Avenue to Spitzke Road (shaped on 6/3/2021 in preparation for further work the week of 6/7/2021)
- Browntown Road (Baroda Township) from Cleveland Avenue to Holden Road (shaped on 6/3/2021 in preparation for further work the week of 6/7/2021)
**These operations and dates are weather and operation dependent.**