2020 Prime & Sealcoat Operations Update
2020 prime and sealcoat operations began the afternoon of Monday, June 6th 2020. Prime and sealcoating with #9 aggregate will take place on those roads that were previously ground and graveled in the Fall of 2019. Crews will then work through scheduling other anticipated sealcoating and grind, gravel, prime & double seal projects. G,G,P & DS projects will continue when those surfaces have been determined as being ready for the next step.
Prime and sealcoat project roads will be reshaped and a primed with an asphalt liquid the afternoon prior to being sealcoated. After being primed, the following day the road will be sealcoated.
These operations are weather dependent. If weather delays these projects, they will be continued the next weather permitting work day.
- 6/15 & 6/16/2020 - Mill Road (Weesaw Township) between Kruger Road and Warren Woods Road
- 6/15 & 6/16/2020 - Kruger Road (Weesaw Township) between Pardee Road and Avery Road
- 6/16 & 6/17/2020 - Youngren Road (Chikaming Township) between Prairie Road and Three Oaks Road
- 6/16 & 6/17/2020 - Peck Avenue (Chikaming Township) between Sawyer Road and Flynn Road
- 6/17 & 6/18/2020 - N Wolcott Street (Chikaming Township) between Red Arrow Highway and Browntown Road
- 6/17 & 6/18/2020 - E Wolcott Street (Chikaming Township) between Red Arrow Highway to the end
- 6/22 & 6/23/2020 - Park Road (Pipestone Township) between Oxbow Road and Naomi Road
- 6/23 & 6/24/2020 - Pier Road (Hagar Township) from pavement joint to Lynch Road
- 6/23 & 6/24/2020 - Clymer Road (Coloma Township) between Riverside Road and Hagar Shore Road
*All anticipated dates are weather, equipment, and crew permitting - plans are subject to change without notice and will be updated as often as possible*
We appreciate your patience as we work to complete our 2020 construction activities.
You may also view more information regarding sealcoating and associated construction map for 2020 here: http://www.berriencounty.org/1433/Sealcoat
We appreciate your patience during this work as we work to improve the structure of these roads in Berrien County. If you have any questions please call our offices directly. Do not approach working crews or staff members. You may contact us by phone at 269-925-1196.