Feb 22, 2019 - Potential for High Winds this Weekend
Very strong winds could develop behind a cold front early Sunday morning and continue through Sunday afternoon
- Thunderstorm possible Saturday night.
- Gusts to 55 to 60 mph possible Sunday.
- Strongest winds Sunday expected from 7am-3pm EST.
- Gusts to 50 mph likely to continue through Sunday evening.
Watch out for downed trees and power lines. Potential exists for power outages and obstructed roads.
What kind of damage did the wind cause?
- Small limbs down (less than 2" in diameter)
- Large limbs/branches down (more than 2" in diameter)
- Trees snapped or uprooted
- Power lines down
- Structural damage and/or Roof damage
Stay tuned to the NWS IWX for more.
View the NWS situation report here.