We know that it can be tempting to bring your baby into bed with you, or let your baby sleep in a bouncy seat just so you can get some rest. But the fact is that a baby dies every 3 days in Michigan due to unsafe sleeping environments and these deaths are 100% preventable. Take the time to learn how to put your baby to sleep safely each and every time - at nighttime and for naps.
Safe Sleep Checklist
- Baby should always sleep alone, in a crib, pack n' play, or bassinet.
- Always put baby to sleep on their back, even when the baby can roll over.
- Keep the crib free of pillows, blankets, comforters, stuffed animals, or other soft things.
- Keep the baby's face uncovered while sleeping and use a sleep sack instead of a blanket to keep them warm.
- Don't allow anyone to smoke around the baby.
- Use a firm mattress with a tightly fitting sheet in the crib, pack n' play, or bassinet.
- Don't let the baby sleep in an adult bed, or on a couch or chair with you or anyone else.
Baby's Own Bed
Are you in need of a safe place for your baby to sleep? Give us a call at 269-926-7121 to find out if you are eligible for the Baby's Own Bed program, and we may be able to provide you with a portable crib for your baby free of charge!