Pills / liquid medication / needles & sharps / patches
- Berrien County Household Chemical Collections: Accepts: pills, liquid medications (such as cough syrup), aerosol meds, patches, and needles/sharps.
Pills can be dropped off in their original containers or dumped all together in a bag.
Call ahead to ensure locations are open to the public at this time.
- Baroda/Lake Township Public Safety: (269) 465-3258, 3169 W. Shawnee Rd., Bridgman. Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Friday 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Ask at front desk about disposal of other types of residential medical waste.
- Buchanan City Police Department: (269) 695-5120, 720 E. Front St, Buchanan. Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Pill drop-box in lobby
- Chikaming Township Police Department: (269) 469-3245, 13535 Red Arrow Hwy, Harbert. Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Pill drop box in lobby.
- Coloma Charter Township Police Department: (269) 468-8291, 4919 Paw Paw Lake Rd., Coloma. Monday - Friday 9;30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pill drop-box in lobby.
- Health Care Provider: check with your health care provider for other available collection options.
- Martin’s Supermarket Pharmacy: (269) 429-8441, 5637 Cleveland Ave, Stevensville, MI 49127. Pill drop-box right by exit.
- Meijer Pharmacy (Benton Harbor): Pipestone Rd., Benton Harbor, MI 49022. Available during pharmacy hours.
- Meijer Pharmacy (Stevensville): (269) 556-2410, 5019 Red Arrow Hwy, Stevensville, MI 49127. Pill drop-box by pharmacy entrance. Available during pharmacy hours.
- New Buffalo City Police Department: (269) 469-1593, 224 W. Buffalo St., New Buffalo. Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Pill drop box inside lobby.
- Niles Law Enforcement Complex: (269) 683-1313, 1600 Silverbrook Ave., Niles. Open 24 hours. Pill drop box inside lobby.
- Walgreens: (269) 983-0315, 1260 Hilltop Rd., St. Joseph; and (269) 683-0234, 907 S. 11th St., Niles. Open 24 hours.
- Watervliet City Police Department: 158 W Pleasant St, Watervliet, MI 49098. Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Pill drop-box in lobby.
- The Drug Enforcement Agency periodically partners with local law enforcement agencies for pill drop-off collections.
Home medical waste is not regulated under the Michigan Medical Waste Management Act, therefore common sense and caution should guide individuals in the safe disposal of home medical waste. Do not flush medical waste. Needles or sharps, old prescription medicine, etc. can be disposed of properly using the various methods listed.
Needles & Sharps
Visit Safe Needle Disposal Coalition website, www.safeneedledisposal.org for safe sharps handling information.
- Berrien County Household Chemical Collection Events: sharps/needles must be in a puncture proof container. Please label the container with the word "Sharps" or "Needles." This collection program is free to Berrien County residents.
- Health Care Provider: check with your health care provider to find out if they are able to accepted used needles/syringes from their patients.
- Republic Services Sharps Mail-In Disposal Program: 855-737-7871, www.republicsharps.com.
- Stericycle Sharps Container Mail Back Program: 866-783-6275, www.stericycle.com, click the Store tab.
- GRP & Associates, Inc.: 800-207-0976, www.sharpsdisposal.com
- Sharps Assure: 855-974-2777, www.sharpsassure.com