Serving Interested Parties

Who must do the service?  

Generally, the petitioner or attorney for the petitioner will do service.

Who are The interested parties?

Click here for a definition of interested parties. See section (C) for interested parties in specific proceedings. 

What do I fill out to show I served the interested parties?

You must complete a Proof of Service (PC 564). Be sure that you fill in the title of the documents served. You must enter the name of the person served, his/her address along, and the date you mailed or personally served the document. Be sure to date and sign the document.

What if I do not have an address for an interested person? 

You must serve notice by publication indicating the name of the person and "whereabouts unknown."