About the Account

What is an Account?

Accounts are a yearly report of incoming income and outgoing expenses generally filed in Conservatorships.

What's my accounting period?

Generally, your accounting period is noted on the back of your Letters of Authority. The day you are qualified determines the yearly accounting period.

How do I get an Account filed?

Complete a Petition to Allow Account (PC 585a), Order Allowing Account (PC 585b) and the Account of Fiduciary (PC 583 or PC 584). You may mail or hand deliver all documents along with a $20.00 filing fee to the Berrien County Probate Court. 

How Do I complete an annual account?

Click here for instructions on completing an annual Account.

Please note, if at any time you are unsure of what to enter in the annual account, you may always consult with an Attorney or Accountant.