Electronics Recycling Volunteer 2017
What: Volunteers will be part of the recycling action! Tons of electronics get collected and recycled each year at the County events. Accepted items include computers, TV's, VCRs, cell phones, printers, cords, appliances, etc. Volunteers are needed to help greet community members, unload items from vehicles, and sort items in to various categories. Volunteers will work right along side the Electronics Recycling staff and will receive guidance throughout the event. Volunteers must be 16 years or older, or otherwise accompanied by an adult. Must be able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds. It is a group effort, so very heavy items will be handled with help from many hands.
When & Where: volunteers are needed at each of the following 2017 events
- Saturday, May 20, 2017, 8 a.m. - 12 Noon at the Southeast Berrien County Landfill Recycle Center, 3200 Chamberlain Rd., Buchanan.
- Saturday, June 17, 2017, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. at New Buffalo Township Fire Station, 17655 Clay St., New Buffalo Township.
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. at Love Creek County Park, 9292 Huckleberry Rd., Berrien Center.
- Saturday, September 23, 2017, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. at Silver Beach County Park, 101 Broad St., St. Joseph.
- Saturday, October 14, 2017, 8 a.m. - 12 Noon at the Southeast Berrien County Landfill Recycle Center, 3200 Chamberlain Rd., Buchanan.
Call Jill Adams, 269-983-7111 x8234, with questions and interest in volunteering.