- Benton Metal Recycling: 1256 Milton Rd., Benton Harbor. 926-1161.
- Berrien County Recycling Collection Events: click HERE for a list of one-day community collection events.
- Charities & Social Service Organizations often take WORKING appliances. Please refer to the list of social service organizations in the Yellow Pages and see HOUSEHOLD GOODS in this guide.
- Efficiency United : will pick up refrigerator, freezers, and other freon appliances from your home for free. Call or go online for details. Phone 877-367-3191. Efficiency United offers a rebate for recycling freon appliances.
- Green Earth Electronics Recycling: 3621 Tennis Court, St. Joseph. 326-1232. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Website www.greenearth1.com. Accepts all types of appliances, including Freon containing devices. Offers pick-up service.
- Harbor Habitat Restore: 2302 Plaza Dr, Benton Harbor. 927-0006, Web Site www.harborhabitat.org and click "Restore". Accepts working appliances for resale. Accepts non-working, metal appliances for recycling.
- Michiana Metal and Scrap Recycling: 800 Carberry Road, Niles. 269-687-5865.
- OmniSource: 1359 Milton Rd., Benton Harbor. 925-9801.
- Padnos: 1410 N. Paw Paw Ave., Benton Harbor. 927-1030. Call for information about Freon appliances.
- Randy’s Recycling: 7247 Pipestone Rd., Eau Claire. 461-6722. Call for a list of acceptable appliances and rules.
- Redbud Recycling Company: 15565 Walton Rd., Buchanan. 695-6804.
— Refrigerators, freezers, heat pumps, dehumidifiers, & air conditioners contain Freon, a chemical known as Chlorinated Fluorocarbons, which can harm the environment if released.
— Some services listed above have Freon removal services, please call for details.
— In addition to the options above, contact your waste hauler to see how large appliance pick-up is handled OR ask about removal of old appliances when buying new.
— When setting appliances out for pick up or removal, please remove the door (especially on refrigerators and freezers). It only takes minutes for a child to suffocate in a closed refrigerator/freezer.
Click Here to go back to the Recycling Guide.