Reduce Reuse Recycle Day
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE DAY @ LAKE MICHIGAN COLLEGE
April 12, Wednesday, 2017, 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
For Berrien County RESIDENTS ONLY - No Business Waste will be accepted.
Drive thru service - volunteers will be on hand to unload items from vehicles.
Donations are accepted & appreciated to offset collection costs. Recycling fees on some electronics, please see below.
- Electronics: anything with a cord and items that run on batteries, including TV's, computers, small and large appliances, telephones and cell phones, printers, stereos, etc. There is a handling fee of $10/computer monitor (all types and sizes) and $20/Television (all types and sizes) due at the event. Other accepted electronics do not have a fee.
- Magazines & Catalogs: recycled by Republic Services.
- Books, soft and hard cover: reused and recycled by Goodwill, Benton Harbor.
- Shoes, all types: reused and recycled by Goodwill, Benton Harbor
- Polystyrene/Foam: such as foam ice chests, foam cups, foam "to-go" containers, egg cartons, foam blocks; NOT ACCEPTED is packing peanuts, soft/squishy foam, or building material). Foam recycled by Dart Container.
- Eye Glasses: reused and recycled by Lion's Club, St. Joseph/Benton Harbor.
- Plastic Grocery Bags: recycled by Martin's Supermarket. Must be empty and dry.
- Personal Documents for On-Site Shredding: free on-site shredding of documents from Berrien County residents provided by Kent Record Management, Benton Harbor. Staples and paper clips do not need to be removed. Larger metal or plastic items such as binder clips and CD's must be removed before bringing items in. No 3-ring binders.
Questions? Call 983-7111 x8234, or email Jill Adams
Return to the Recycling Home Page