Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs & Fluorescent Tubes
- Batteries Plus: 2061 M-139, Benton Harbor. 925-7374. There is a small fee for this recycling service.
- Household Hazardous Waste Collections: CFL light bulbs and tubes that come from households in Berrien County can be handled properly through the Household Hazardous Waste Collections. See HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE collections in this guide for a list of collection dates and locations.
- Kalamazoo County Household Hazardous Waste Center: must show ID indicating Berrien County resident when using this site. 1301 Lamont Ave., Kalamazoo. 269-373-5211. www.kalcounty.com/hhw.
Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs) ONLY
- Home Depot Stores: 2075 Pipestone Rd., Benton Harbor. 926-2173. Accepts expired, unbroken CFL bulbs. Collection bin is located by the "Returns" lane at the store.
- Lowe's Home Improvement: 1300 Mall Dr., Benton Harbor. 927-6000. 2055 S. 11th St., Niles. 591-3000. Accepts expired, unbroken CFL bulbs. Collection bin is at the front of the store near the service desk.
Holiday Light Strings
- Green Earth Electronics Recycling: 3621 Tennis Court, St. Joseph. 326-1232. Email email@example.com.
Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs (CFLs) contain a small amount of mercury - an average of 4 milligrams in each bulb. No mercury is released when the bulbs are intact or in use.
Incandescent light bulbs do not contain mercury and are not accepted at local recycling centers.
Click HERE to return to the Recycling Guide table of contents.