- Armco: 505 Pleasant St., St. Joseph. 982-0465. Accepts small consumer electronics, anything with a cord or battery, except computer monitors and TVs. Call for details.
- Benton Metal Recycling: 1256 Milton Rd., Benton Harbor. 926-1161. Call for details.
- Best Buy, 1515 Orchard Crossing, Benton Harbor, 926-0052. www.bestbuy.com. Accepts televisions up to 32', flat screen TV up to 60", computers and peripherals, printers, radios, and small electronics. Call or visit Best Buy website for full list of accepted items. Fees charged on televisions and computer monitors is $25 per item.
- Green Earth Electronics Recycling: 3621 Tennis Court, St. Joseph. 326-1232. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronics recycling drop-off hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Call about pick up service options. Recycling services provided to residents, businesses, and institutions. Accepts computers, monitors, laptops, TV's, VCR/DVD players, household electronics, office electronics, small and large appliances, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, chain saws, power tools, all consumer electronics with a power cord or battery. There is a handling fee of $10 per computer monitor and $20 per television, any kind. Contact Green Earth for information about their disk and hard drive destruction services.
- Michiana Metal and Scrap Recycling: 800 Carberry Rd., Niles. 269-687-5865. Fees apply on some items.
- Padnos: 1410 N. Paw Paw Ave., Benton Harbor. 927-1030. Accepts most types of electronics and appliances. Fees apply on some items. Call for details.
- Radio Shack: 722 S. 11th St., Niles. 684-7368. Accepts small electronics/e-waste including radios, telephones, computers, monitors (fees apply), printers, cameras, televisions (fees apply), computer accessories, remote controls, headphones, and any small device with a cord or operating on batteries. Also accepted are power cords, cables, wires and other connections, etc.
- Redbud Recycling: 15565 Walton Rd., Buchanan. 695-6804. Accepts most consumer electronics and appliances. Does NOT accept computer monitors and televisions.
- Staples: 1485 Mall Dr., Benton Harbor. 927-2242. www.staples.com. Accepts computers, monitors, peripherals, desktop printers, other small electronics. No TVs or large equipment. Call or visit Staples website for a complete list of accepted items.
— Why Recycle Electronics? Electronics are a fast growing portion of trash in America. They are made with valuable materials such as steel, glass, plastic, and precious metals. Plus, electronics can present an environmental hazard if they are disposed of improperly. With an average of four pounds of lead in many older TV picture tubes or computer monitors, along with other potentially hazardous materials, electronics call for special handling at the end of their lives.
Click Here to go back to the Recycling Guide Table of Contents.