1st District Commissioner
4729 Wil-O-Paw Drive
Coloma, MI 49038
- Work: 269-983-7111, ext. 8095
- Home: 269-468-4685
- Cell: 269-519-4038
David Vollrath serves the residents of Berrien County’s 1st District.
District 1 includes:
- City of Coloma
- Coloma Charter Township
- Hagar Township
- Portion of Watervliet Charter Township north of I-94
He sits on the Personnel and Human Services Committee. Commissioner Vollrath also serves on the:
- Area Agency on Aging
- County Public Safety Communications Center Operations Committee
- Disaster Planning Committee
- Land Bank Authority
- Local Emergency Planning Commission
- Southwest Michigan Alliance Region Three
- MAC General Government Committee
- MAC Judiciary & Public Safety Committee
Education, Service, & Experience
A lifelong resident of the Coloma area, he previously served on the Coloma School District Board of Education for 18 1/2 years. In that capacity, he held the positions of president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer. He is retired from APL Logistics where he was employed for 20 years. He has volunteered for many years as a coach for Coloma/Hagar baseball, rocket football, and youth basketball programs as well as having leadership positions with those organizations. He is the President of the Coloma/Hagar Baseball/Softball Association.
Dave and his wife have two grown children. His hobbies include attending Coloma Comet Athletic Events, camping, fishing, golf, and hunting. The Vollrath's are members of the Coloma United Methodist Church.