reduce junk mail
- Consumer Reporting Industry Opt Out: 888-5-OPTOUT (888-567-8688) or go to www.optoutprescreen.com to remove your name from credit and insurance offers. Listen and follow the phone prompts.
- Contact Sender Directly: Contact the company directly and request to be taken off their mailing list.
- Duplicate Subscriptions: Eliminate multiple copies of magazines by directly asking the organization to send only one copy. Often duplicate copies are sent due to mailing label variations.
- Know The Magic Words: When entering a contest, making a donation, ordering a product, subscribing to a magazine, or participating in a warranty, the person's name may be placed on a mailing list and rented, sold or traded. To limit these mailing lists and reduce junk mail, include the words "Do Not Rent, Sell or Trade My Name and Address" when signing up for anything.
- National Mail: 866-284-5816, firstname.lastname@example.org and www.directmail.com/mail_preference. Remove your name and address from many unwanted national mail lists by registering in one location on-line for free. Opting-out will not end all mail solicitations. You may still receive mail from local businesses, religious and charitable organizations, politicians, etc.
- Junk Mail Apps: There are apps to help stop unsolicited postal mail, such as PaperKarma, www.paperkarma.com.
- Refuse Junk Mail: If unwanted mail is stamped "address correction requested" or "return postage guaranteed", do not open the mail. Write "Refused. Return to Sender" on the envelope and put it back in the mail.